Friday, July 2, 2010

Update 2

Dear Members,

On 27 June 2010, Sunday morning, I attended the launching of “1BINA.MY – The Official Portal of Malaysia’s Construction Industry” and signed the Memorandum Of Understanding (MoU) with CIDB. 1Bina.my is a global initiative by CIDB Malaysia, for a permanent construction industry portal, built specially for the conduct of cross-border business electronically. The interactive support includes business tools; knowledge sharing; links to aids and projects; industry directory and community. The two days Content Enrichment Workshop (26-27 June 2010) was also attended by the ISM Secretariat (IT Officer) who will in charged of ISM 's ongoing updates.

This morning, 2 July 2010, we had a meeting to finalise the Memorandum to Ministry of Finance for the Budget Consultancy 2011. ISM will attending the Budget Consultancy 2011 meeting that will be chaired by our Prime Minister on 6 July 2010.

Earlier, I also attended an opening ceremony of ARCHIDEX 2010 and PAM 2010 Convention at KLCC Convention Centre and was pleasantly surprised, to discover that one of our Fellow (QS Division), Sr Low Khian Seng is the co-author of the recently published book entitled “THE PAM 2006 CONTRACT HANDBOOK”. Congratulations.

Okay, I have a flight to catch. I am going to visit my two month old grandson in JB. (",)

Oooppss...almost forgot! Datin Faridah who is organising chair, wants me to remind the industry to watch out for the 21st National Real Estate Convention (NREC) event which will be on 3-4 August 2010 at Hotel Istana, KL. @NREC, 1st in Real Estate, 2nd to None. CHECKMATE!

I'll see you there. Till then.



2 comments:

  1. There is a private initiative with the same goals as 1bina that has been serving the Malaysian Construction Industry since 1999 known as mybina.com (at www.mybina.com). I hope there will be some synergy between 1bina.my and mybina.com that will benefit Malaysia's construction industry as a whole. mybina.com is managed by a 100% Malaysian company.
    - Focus Jadeline S/B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I totally agree with Focus.

    ReplyDelete